Having sleeping is very common in our ever-running life. It can be caused by any kind of stress, anxiety, or simply workload. The stress can be really bad for your sleep pattern. You can feel difficult to fall asleep or stay asleep. Meditation is one of the ways to have a calm and relaxed mind. It reduces your stress level and anxiety. It may help you in falling asleep easily and quickly.
Meditation helps to improve your sleep quality. The relaxation of your mind and body enhances your inner peace. If you do it before bedtime, you will get a peaceful and uninterrupted sleep. It reduces the chances of having Insomnia.
How does meditation help in Insomnia?
Doing meditation can bring psychological changes and make your mind refreshed. The changes influence your sleep pattern and sleep quality. It can reduce the symptoms of Insomnia and let you have better sleep.
- Meditation increases the release of the hormone melatonin that helps us in falling asleep easily. It also increases the release of Serotonin that is the precursor of melatonin.
- It reduces the heart rate and keeps the blood circulation improved.
- Meditation is helpful for people who have high blood pressure. It reduces blood pressure.
- It activates some parts of the brain too. It controls sleep.
- It changes your body that helps in improving your sleep quality and avoids the increase of Insomnia.
How to Meditate?
Meditating before bedtime can be beneficial enough. It relaxes your mind exactly before falling asleep. It helps to have a deep sleep and removes the chances of having sleep disorders like insomnia or sleep apnea.
You must follow a meditation routine. And practice it every day.
Steps to do meditation:
- Find a calm and peaceful place
- Sit or lie down. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.
- Close your eyes.
- Inhale and exhale deeply.
- Focus on your breathing.
- Avoid any thoughts.
- If it gets disrupted re-focus.
You can use soft music or aromatherapy to create a beneficial environment. It helps in meditation and lets you focus properly. It creates a calm and relaxing atmosphere too.
Insomnia is an illness that leads you to have sleepless nights for months. It needs medication as well. Practicing meditation can increase the chances of improvement in your condition. You must focus on breathing and avoid thinking while meditating. Practicing it regularly can give you a good night’s sleep every day.